Become a leader today and create impactful changes in your communities.
This program was created to empower young women to become more engaged in their community through volunteerism.
Volunteer experience has become an important consideration when hiring. Our program helps young women develop the necessary skills to become agents of change in their community. The program is designed to meet the specific needs of each participating cohort to ensure every cohort receives the necessary assistance to achieve success.
Through the development of strong community relationships, EmpowHer has become a well-recognized and popular program that fills up quickly.
- LinkedIn training
- Online and in-person mentorship development
- Diversity and inclusion training
- Personality dimensions
- Grant writing
- Financial Literacy
- Government and politics
- Female leadership
- Job preparatory skills
- Services in the community for female youth
- Experience and skills development through volunteerism and community engagement
- Female youth age 16 to 29
- Newcomer female youth age 16 to 29 with Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) score of 5 or higher
- Must have a resume
- Must participate in an interview
Participants are required to:
- Attend program orientation
- Volunteer for 140 hours over 9 weeks
- Complete 15 in-class workshops over the course of 12 weeks
- Travel to Brampton and Mississauga
Applicants must send in a resume and should expect to be called in for an interview. All those accepted into the program will go through a two-hour orientation. Participants will be expected to contribute a minimum of 140 hours of volunteer time over the course of the program.
Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB)
Visit the EmpowHer website to learn more about the program.Learn More
Stay up to date with our Instagram page for events, news and kudos.Learn More