ACHIEVE YOUR EMPLOYMENT GOALS WITH CONFIDENCE
You have the desire, the skills and the energy – you just need some help putting it all together to increase your job prospects and help you achieve your employment goals.
Through high-quality, diverse and innovative programs, Achēv provides support to all job seekers and community members tailored to their individual needs.
All of Achēv free employment services are delivered through six convenient employment centres across Toronto, Mississauga, Brampton and North York. Virtual employment services are also available through interactive video conferencing, webinars and e-learning modules.
Bridges to Employment
This 11-week program will assist participants in creating their final action plan that will bring them closer to their employment goals. Post-program support is offered for six months following the completion of the program.
Career Pathways for Women
Career Pathways is a free program designed to provide visible minority newcomer women with the essential skills needed to successfully navigate the Canadian workforce.
If you are an immigrant with a professional background and at least two years of international experience, TRIEC Mentoring Partnership can help you reconnect with your career.
Milestones to Employment for Newcomer Women
Are you a newcomer woman to Canada, currently without work or in temporary jobs? Milestones to Employment is a FREE employment program that can place you in steady, high-demand and long-term jobs.
Job Search Sites
Bilingual Search Engine
Canadian Employment Search Network
- Government of Canada Jobs
- Government of Canada Job Bank
- Ontario Public Service Careers
- Region of Peel Careers
- City of Brampton Employment Opportunities
General Job Search Engines
Canada’s Internship Organization
- Nerdy Hire
- Find Job Listings for Youth
- Ontario Summer Jobs
- Workopolis Campus Link
- Federal Student Work Experience Program
- Employment Programs for People under 30
- Resume Worded
- Peel District School Board – Job Board
- Dufferin Peel Catholic District School Board – Careers
- Toronto District School Board – Employment
- Ontario College of Teachers – Jobs
- Education Canada
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police Careers
- Government of Ontario Jobs
- Toronto Police Service Careers
- Peel Regional Police Careers
Industry and Professional Associations
High Tech Job Postings - Association and Recruiters
- Canadian Advanced Technology Alliance
- IT Professionals
- Information Technology Association of Canada
- Modis Canada
- Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- DICE – High Tech Job Bank
- Canada’s Association of IT Professionals
Resume Writing / Cover Letters
Electronic Resumes / Keyword Resumes
- Unemployment Help Centre
- Service Canada Training and Career
- Industry Canada – Strategic
- Salary Expert
- Salary – Monster
- Ontario Workinfonet
- Economic Indicators / Profile of the Economy
- Labour Market Information
- Canadian Employment Search Network
- Canadian Trade Index Info on Products
- Canadian Job Catalogue
- Peel Information Network
- Community Agencies, Toronto
- Universal Worker Union Learning Centre
"My experience at the Centre for Education & Training was worthwhile I had an amazing Career Specialist…My Career Specialist taught me how to properly make a resume. She emailed me upcoming events such as job fairs along with companies who were hiring for the position I was interested in. On top of that she coached me on how I should answer questions when having interviews. Because of this successful journey I am now employed."
Alexus Nugent, Brampton EastRead More