Are you a hiring manager who wants to access a diverse talent pool from Ontario? Are you part of an organizational culture that values and welcomes the diverse skills and experiences of skilled immigrants?
If your answer is ‘YES’ to both these questions, you have come to the right place!
The Skilled Newcomer Incentive Bond Program incentivizes employers to hire skilled newcomers to fill the unique skills gaps and labour shortages in their respective organizations.
Benefits to employers:
- Can make a claim against the bond and receive compensation for 50% of paid wages up to a maximum of $10,000* if a skilled newcomer is hired and subsequently terminated within the first 6 months of employment or if the skilled newcomer terminates employment on their own volition within the first 6 months of employment
- Receive additional supports in the form of cultural sensitivity resources and/or training offered by Achēv. This ensures a positive experience for both our immigrant clientele and employers.
- Unique opportunity to be part of an Employer Advisory Committee comprising of representatives from Achēv, community-based Employer Partners, Social Research & Development Corporation (SRDC), and Employment & Social Development Canada (ESDC)
*Eligible service criteria apply
Are you interested to know more information and/or form a partnership with us? Click the “Register Now” button above!
- Must be licensed to operate in Ontario
- Comply with all applicable legislation, including federal/provincial human rights legislation, regulations, and any other relevant standards, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Employment Standards Act, freedom of information and protection of privacy legislation
- Maintain appropriate WSIB or alternate workplace safety insurance coverage and have adequate third-party general liability insurance as advised by its insurance broker
- Enter into a written agreement with the Skilled Newcomer Bond Program (SNIB) at Achēv and comply with the terms and conditions
- Willing to directly hire and place the referred SNIB program participant on the organization’s payroll and provide the same employment terms, conditions and benefits as for all regular employees
Download our flyerDownload