The Preparing Women & Workplaces for Success (PWWS) project provides immigrant and racialized women with a five-week paid training program to improve essential, employment and life skills combined with individualized employment support.
This project is designed for immigrant and racialized women to test pre-employment skills training (foundational and transferable) using a hybrid delivery model. PWWS will also work with employers to improve access to employment and retention in the workplace for immigrant and racialized women and to improve workplace inclusivity.
The project will offer 5-week paid training to job seekers and DEI workshops to employers.
Benefits to Employers:
- Free diversity, equity and inclusion workshops and training
- Inclusive workplaces support and resources
- Interactive information sessions
The project is funded in part by the government of Canada’s Adult Learning, Literacy and Essential Skills Program Women Employment Readiness Pilot Program.
- Willingness and commitment to actively participate in DEI activities
- Ability to leverage resources to increase cultural competencies.
- Readiness to work with culturally diverse employees