Enhance your physical/mental health and employability during and after COVID-19.
The Newcomer Youth Connections (NYC) program focuses on equipping newcomer youth with the most appropriate information and resources needed to improve their physical/emotional well-being and employability during the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond. Through a series of tailored virtual workshops, specialized guest speakers, activities, group discussions and one-on-one support and coaching, newcomer youth will be able to build and expand their knowledge of and access to resources and services specific to their needs.
- Healthy eating
- Managing your physical and mental health
- Understanding Canadian workplace culture
- Information on housing and finances
- Learn about programs and services in your community
- One-on-one coaching
- Youth 18 to 29 years of age
- Must be in receipt of Ontario Works in the City of Toronto
- Lived in Canada for 5 years or less