What is the National LINC Online Curriculum & Online PBLA Project?
The National LINC Online Curriculum & Online PBLA (NLOC) project is funded by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) for the period of April 1, 2020 to March 31, 2025. The project, owned by Achēv, will develop Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada (LINC) online courseware for Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) levels 3 to 5 across all skill areas (listening, speaking, reading and writing).
The objective of the project is to implement a cost-effective, PBLA supported, accessible, ready-made, asynchronous courseware for LINC online and blended programs funded by IRCC.
Achēv will partner with two key stakeholders to enable alignment and integration across national language learning projects:
- The Centre for Canadian Language Benchmarks (CCLB) will provide expertise on the national standards of CLB and PBLA methodology through curriculum design and writing team leadership.
- New Language Solutions (NLS) will support the integration of the courseware with Avenue.ca (a Moodle 3.9 custom LMS for IRCC-funded language training providers), and its online PBLA solutions.
The following value will be created as a result of this project:
- An increase in newcomers learning English at a distance via Avenue.ca
- A welcoming environment for immigrants by improving access to English language instruction for those who face barriers to attending traditional classroom-based courses or those who prefer online or blended language training
- Project partners deliver responsive and coordinated settlement and community services.
Add your name to our list to receive quarterly email updates about the NLOC project. You can request to have your name removed at any time.Stay Connected