Hire the right FinTech talent to meet your organization’s recruitment needs.
The overall goal of this program is to assist Internationally Trained Professionals (ITPs) who are highly skilled and educated in a financial or technological background to transition into the FinTech industry.
There are no participation fees for employers. In the event that an Innovations in Fintech student gets to participate in a work placement, employers are expected to cover the salary of the employee during the 3-month placement. (A subsidy might be available to certain employers. Please contact FinTech@achev.ca to learn about wage subsidies available to you).
This program is delivered through 2 phases.
Phase 1: A 7-week in-class/virtual training course that covers:
- Employability skills (delivered by Achēv)
- Intercultural training (delivered by Ryerson)
- FinTech fundamentals training (delivered by Lighthouse Labs)
Phase 2: Possibility of a 12-week paid work placement in the FinTech sector
- FinTech employer in the GTA and City of Hamilton
- If you are an employer based outside of the GTA, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to explore partnership opportunities