Are you an employer with a particular skills demand? Invest in your workforce through the Canada Ontario Job Grant, which provides up to $15,000 per individual for employee training.
The grant is available to small, medium and large-sized businesses delivering short-term training to existing and new employees through an eligible, third-party trainer. Employers are expected to make a financial contribution to overall training costs based on business size. Contact Achēv if you would like to learn more or to start your COJG application.
- Must make minimum financial contributions towards training costs
- Employs the individual selected for training (higher priority is given to employers who are training and hiring unemployed individuals)
- Licensed to operate in Ontario
- Applying for training delivered in Ontario and related to a job located in Ontario
- Complies with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the Employment Standards Act
- Maintains appropriate Workplace Safety and Insurance Board or private workplace safety insurance coverage
- Adequate third-party general liability insurance, as advised by its insurance broker
- Complies with all applicable federal and provincial human rights legislation, regulations and any other relevant standards